Sunday 26 June 2005

Personality Update

In more ways than one. With the new hormone-induced changes to my brain structure (scary, but what can you do? lie back and accept it) I thought it would be interesting to see what my new (improved?) personality traits look like.

Once a Geek, always a Geek.

So I took the Jung Typology Test.

Results :
Introverted : 56 Intuitive : 100 Feeling : 50 Judging : 11

Making me a Counselor Idealist iNFj

Compare and contrast with previous results from October 2004 INTP and March 2005 iNTj.

At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.
You can say that again.

How much of this is objective, and how much of it is subjective? We all tend to see what we want to see, rather than what is really there. We read into the results what we expect to see. But yes, the changes in personality are consistent with my feelings and thoughts. Objectively, I find it far more easy to read emotions than I did even a few months ago, what was once a mysterious and unknown world is now so completely obvious, I wonder how things could ever have been different. Hopefully this is just a new ability to add to my personality, and without loss of previous capabilities. But if not, not. At least now, if somone is upset, I can't help but sense it and can go and give them a much-needed physical or virtual hug. And thereby minutely decrease the world's sorrow quotient. Joys shared are doubled : Sorrows shared are halved. Such a gift would be worth giving up a lot for.

But then, feeling as I do, I would think that, wouldn't I? (Smile)

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Can you now locate previously invisible specks of dirt?