Tuesday 14 February 2006

Johari Windows

I invite all my readers to give an estimate of the features of my personality via my Johari Window. Picking as many as 5 might be a problem, but I think I deserve that many, if you're flexible with the definitions.

The corresponding negative aspects are on the Nohari Window - stopping at just 6 might be difficult.
From Wikipedia :
A Johari window is a metaphorical tool intended to help people better understand their interpersonal communication and relationships. It is used primarily in self-help groups and corporate settings as a heuristic device to encourage people to open up to another in self-disclosure. The concept was invented by Joseph Luft and Harrington Ingram, who combined their first names to create the name of the tool.

The test consists of a list of terms, each of which is an adjective relating to a personality trait. (For example, the list might begin with "accepting", "adaptable", "bold", "brave", "calm", "cheerful", and "complex".) A subject will select a few of these terms which he feels describes himself best. Each of his peers will then select a few terms which that person feels describes the subject best.

No comments: