Friday 18 August 2006

The Great Passport Fiasco : August 18th Edition

Just out of curiousity, I phoned up the Passport InfoLine again, to see what, if anything, was happening regarding my passport application.

It turns out it had been marked as "awaiting further documentation", with a later note to say that the documentation (whatever it was) had been recieved.

The application had also been withdrawn.

The consultant was, um, nonplussed at this.

Later on in the day, a voicemail on my mobile said that the application had been re-instated.

Verily, not only does the Left Hand not know what the Right is doing, it appears it doesn't know what the Left one is doing either.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot Interrogative

I've decided to be amused at this. I'm also eagerly and with much anticipation awaiting the reply in writing from the Director of Passport Operations explaining their actions. Who knows, I might be able to show them the replacement Citizenship certificate before then, which may just provide them with an excuse to act sensibly.

Breath-holding though is contra-indicated.

No comments: