Friday 3 August 2007

An Incident at the Motor Registry

As I've blogged, my wallet containing my credit card, drivers license, medicare card etc etc was stolen in the Old City of Jerusalem.

So now I've been back in Australia for 48 hours, time to get a replacement.

Him: "I can't seem to find you on the database... Zoe Ellen? Brain? B R A I N?"
Me: "Yes, that's right." (gives address again)
Him: "Hmmmmm.... Oh those idiots!"
Me: "What's the problem?"
Him: "No wonder I couldn't find you. Someone had put you down as male!"
Me: "Oh well, easy enough to do, keystroke errors happen all the time."
Him: "I'll correct the database entry immediately" (mutters something about "idiots" under his breath)

I wonder how many other areas I thought I'd had corrected weren't? Or had been "de-corrected". Oh well. Good job I'm not concerned about Stealth. It really doesn't matter, I'm me.

One young girl at the clinic, newly post-op, said to me "I can't believe that you were ever a guy. Or looked like one. You've shown me the photos, but I still can't believe it."

Bless her. She meant it too. Probably because her mum and I got along like a house on fire, we're the same age.

3 comments:

mythusmage said...

Gender correctness rises again. I look at it this way, God decided you were going to be a girl, so he gave us the tools we needed to turn you into a girl. :) If certain parties don't like it, they can lump it. Take it down the road and dump it.

BTW, from your picture on this blog you not only look female, you look like a young lady at that So, when you getting that make over?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the safe return to GOC and the neat interaction for the licence.

Fred Zimmerman said...

I'd be tempted to apply the "clerical error" approach more broadly (so to speak ...) best, fred