Thursday 27 November 2008

Today's Battle

From CafePharma - the website for pharmaceutical sales professionals. All posts have been moderated, and passed as acceptable.

And that is what makes the following posts all the worse.
Hello my fellow Novartians. Aren't you excited about the November 20th Holiday of and for Transgender Day of Remembrance. Are you kidding me? Have we as a company and a nation lost our f*cking minds to allow this sh*t. So tell me, what am I to remember? I am confused. But wait, that's what this day is all about anyway, confusion! Remebrance? I'm certain guys like Patton, Omar Bradley, Schwarzkopf, and for you unread mullafukas, Lt. General Chesty Puller, I'm certain they would make certain these homosexual deviants would be made to feel, well, nice, in a pair of lace panties somewhere along the way. When are we as RED BLOODED AMERICANS going to stand up and say "enough of the politically correct horse shit" and tell these queers to go straight to hell. And do not tell me I shouldn't say these things.....I have the right and it is protected by the first amendment and the notion of FREE SPEECH. Yeah , you have the right to take your cobb and send it home the way you choose......Transgender? You gotta be sh*ttin' me......I think Thursday, every bad ass dude in the company should go straight bitch when we make our calls.....the works, dress, panties, wigs, heels, thong and schlong.........damn. Continue to make your one or two calls a day for these fruitcakes and enjoy the check.....I am too damn country to understand this one. Anyone else feel the same?
It's not a "Holiday" of course, no time off work or anything. But mere facts don't mean much to such people when they express their opinions.
When are we celebrating Beastiality day or Pediphile day? Afterall, my sexual orentations shouldn't be descriminated against!
Perhaps your poor spelling should be though, especially in someone selling pharmaceutical products, where a mis-spelt order could conceivably kill someone.
Hello! Uneducated bigot here.
I'm just curious as to why a particular group of people would get their own day of the year to celebrate the fact that they put other guy's dicks in their mouths and asses? Doesn't really seem to me to be something to celebrate, but rather something to make others nauseous. It's freakin' disgusting. I hope you guys enjoy the loads that are shooting on your face on transgender day. Just make sure to wash all of it out of your hair.
I get the feeling that some of these sales representatives aren't just ignorant (and proud of it), but are obsessed with sex. Can you say "projection"?
How about some cheese with your whine. It still makes no sense why such a day is needed. People who live alternate lifestyles want equality, then beg for a special day. You cant have it both ways.
Just to remind everyone - the Transgender Day of Remembrance is not a "celebration". It is not about sexuality, homo- or otherwise. It is the one day of the year where we commemorate our dead - because no-one else does. We don't "beg" for a special day, nor do we ask any others to take note of what we do. It is a very private affair for us, one where outsiders may join if they wish, but we neither encourage nor discourage their taking part. It is our day, the only one we have. A solemn day of Remembrance. But it seems that killing us is not enough - we must be blamed for bleeding on the carpet and spoiling it.
THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR!!!!! ALL A YU TRANNY MUTHAFUSSS NEED TO DIE ANYWAY!
IF I SEE ANY OF U TRN FAGGOTS IN MY NEIGBORHOOD I'M GONNA USE MY HUNTING RIFLE ON ALL OF YU. I NEED THE PRACTICE
WHY DONT YOU MOVE TO SAN FRAN FLAKSCO OR ELSEWHERE LIKE BRAZIL AND PORK GUYS IN THE BUTT THERE ALL YOU WANT!
THE POLICE'LL LET ME GO ANYWAY BECAUSE WE'LL BE DOING THE WORLD A FAVOR
He's right in that regard, the last sentence. In many parts of the world, the police are far more likely to actively take part in the massacre, rather than turn a blind eye. And in many others, not to investigate too throughly, for when a Transgender person is butchered, they mark it NHI - "No Human Involved".

Many would-be slayers know this. They take advantage of it, knowing that even if they get caught, odds are still pretty good that the local law enforcement people will be "sympathetic", and if not, jurors will be. And that is why Federal "hate crimes" laws are needed, to allow the financing of investigations where the local constabulary may be less than conscientious in following up, or even complicit. To at least track the extent of the problem, something not done in the USA today.

I must admit though that the most disquieting thing is that the idiotic malicious obscenity expressed in the post is deemed acceptable conduct for "pharmaceutical sales professionals". It makes you wonder exactly what stuff they're peddling, and whether it's genuine or fake. Because from their posts, they'd be just as happy selling life-saving drugs, snake-oil, or mis-labelled toxic sludge to make a buck.

UPDATE: The thread has now been deleted - I guess they realised that expressing their opinions reflected poorly on their employers.

4 comments:

Hazumu Osaragi said...

Zoe;

That is un-freaking-believable. I have friends that tell me I'm overly sensitive, and there's no one out there that's going to do me great bodily harm for being an MtF transsexual.

I've copied the entire thread thus far for material to refute that assertion.

Thank you for bringing the hate to my attention.

~H

Anonymous said...

That's quite horrific and if each of these posts has been moderated, it shows a terribly transphobic management of the site.

I've noticed that the link to the thread no longer seems to work and I hope that this is a sign that the board owners took note of your post.

It still doesn't make this a trans-safe site, however. That only happens, in my opinion, when there is a public policy that this sort of hate is not acceptable, and I don't see that.

Thanks for taking on another important battle!

Em

Nat said...

Those horrific comments... just made me so angry. Those ignorant sons of bitches.

Sarahmarie said...

These moderated posts are unbelievable. As an American citizen, I am embarrassed for the negative, sick image of this country that it conveys. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't say dor certain, however, my impression is that there is a line beyond which hate speech isn't Constitutionally protected.

The sad thing is that, no matter what jobs these individuals hold, they will always harbor these feelings inside.